Saturday 7 May 2011

Purge is HUGE!

And I'm not talking about throwing up right now, I'm talking about Purge, the international bestseller; Sofi Oksanen's Novel about two abused women and war. Yesterday when I was waiting the last train to home, the tube was horrible late and the place was packed of people, air was heavy, people tired and annoyed. I looked those huge posters on a wall and there it was, middle of all the phone, university and bank adds, there it was Sofi Oksanen, Purge poster.

"Those who deny the past are doomed to repeat it."

I couldn't believe it, one of my all time favorite author is famous in here! Just couple of years ago only the goths and gays knew her, and right now all the middle aged women are reading her books everywhere in Europe. I have read all her novels, but I still think that the first one is the best one, even if I had to admit that Purge is better writing and I can see why its international bestseller. Stalin's cows and Baby Jane could have never been the breaking point books, they are for too small audience. And now when Sofi Oksanen is well-know in all kind of people, not only for small groups, I'm waiting to see how those people are reading Sofi's firsts books aswell and getting the experience of a book and story what they would never chose, if they wouldn't know the writer.

Stalin's cows was the first Sofi's book what I read and I still think that it's the best of Sofi's books, because you can see the roughness in her writing style and I love that, the story doesn't feel planned, it's chaotic like life usually is, you can see and feel, life goes on, but it still feels the same.

It's going to be interesting to see Sofi's next book.

Good morning London
xx Lipstick

1 comment:

  1. .... hated the book...... sorry. the author is also sooooo femme fatale... or wished to be.

    ReplyDelete