Tuesday 17 May 2011

The other side of the London



Yesterday 14 year old was stabbed at busy high street in a bare day light. I walk that street every day to work. Last week someone was shot to dead just a corner away from my place.
Romanian beggar lady and black homeless are sitting on a bench in a park and talking about work, the beggar has empty coffee mug on her hands and she’s smiling. At other bench there is still someone sleeping on a sleeping bag. Every evening when I’m walking back home those benches are full of people, homeless, east Europeans, teens, blacks or just someone who has lost himself,  they are smoking, joking and drinking cheap beer.
And if you sit to that bench you can see the other side of the park; huge mall with a section only for luxury brands. In this place; the Village; floors are so shiny that you can apply your make without a mirror, upstairs someone is playing a piano wearing a amazing black dress and there’s more security guys than customers. Too thin women are wearing high heels and spending their husbands’ money for Prada, Cucci and Burberry. Other side of a park lives “trash” people, they are wearing huge plastic earrings, teens have too short skirts and eastern men are smoking and trying to get a lady.
I have never felt unsafe in London, but this kind of news makes me think, would something happen to me, if I would have been at that station two hours earlier? What would have happened? Now I only saw police men and those people who where wear white haulers and taking blood from the ground.
I see these two sides every day, I walk trough that park and that station. I see the homeless and the business men in a same city.
xx Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment